So often, as competitors, we focus on our diet and workouts and forget that how we present our finished product on stage is just as important. Choosing the right color for your competition posing suit can add luster and shine to your presentation. Color affects our mood. Choosing the right color enables the competitor to exude confidence and energy. Choosing the wrong color produces the opposite results. Some colors worn everyday are not stage colors. The goal is to brighten and enhance your presentation; to stand out and get noticed. Here are some general color selection guidelines:
- Blonde – blue-red, royal blue, emerald green, hot pink, fuchsia, turquoise, black, silver, white, baby blue, baby pink, neon yellow, neon orange
- Sandy Brown – orange-red, teal, lime, green, emerald green, aquamarine, turquoise, raspberry, burgundy, blue (heavy crystal needed to brighten face), coral
- Brunette/Black – blue-red, emerald green, baby pink, hot pink, fuchsia, turquoise, black, silver, gold
- Purple/Yellow– purple and yellow react differently than all other colors under stage lights and is recommended for competitors with naturally colored skin and use of red-brown stain. Wearing purple with a golden brown stain will result in a grey-ashen appearance of your tan on stage. If you feel strongly about wearing these colors and you are Caucasian, I recommend testing various tanning productions and view the suit under very bright lights.
A successful result is a competitor, standing ready to walk out on stage, excited, pumped and ready to rock it!
- Submitted by Mary Jane Snyder of MJ’s Atomic Designs, LLC, specializing in custom posing suits for men and women